This may be(is) the seventh time I’ve restarted this blog. I want to blog but I can’t seem to make it stick. I’ve tried doing it ad-hoc and failed, I’ve tried doing it for monetary rewards but gave-up. I even tried making it a regular habit– but it didn’t happen regularly.
really wan’t to fix it ….so I did what any good slightly-OCD person would do
The problem isn’t a lack of desire to blog, it’s the actual work involved. Blogging, for me at least, is really hard. I’m not naturally gifted at writing, and never took english seriously at school. My spelling is bad, my grammar worse still and don’t even get me started on the difference between verbs, nouns and all those other things (really please don’t)
So I’ve decided to fix it. I hate having weaknesses, so I’m going to play into that compulsion to improve.
I won’t be committing to anything, I’m not doing this for anyone else–this is for me.
But for the content that I may, or may not write, it will likely be in the following areas:
- Technical commentary and guides - I like doing things, and helping others.
- Homeautomation - I’m addicted to making my home smarter and ‘as above’ want to help others do the same.
- Minimalism - most people have too much, it’s not healthy. I want to document my journey to reduce my own footprint.
- Green Tech/Renewable Tech - we’re killing the planet, and doing fine without any global extinction event. IT/Tech can help turn this around.
- Blockchain, (Decentralised) Cloud - two massive growth areas, and both are subjects I’m super passionate about.
- Other things - politics (oh yes!), animal issues (because cats)
I’ll be hosting the content myself - I’ve given some thought to medium, but I want to own and control my own content.
So thats it …expect nothing and hopefully I can exceed your expectations … maybe.